12 oz rice noodles
3 tablespoons vegetable oil
2 skinless boneless chicken breasts, sliced into bite-size strips
Salt and black pepper to taste
1 red bell pepper, sliced
1 cup broccoli, chopped
4 oz shiitake or portobello mushroom, sliced
1 tablespoon peeled and shredded fresh ginger
½ cup chicken broth
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons ketchup
1 teaspoon cornstarch
few drizzles of sesame oil
1. Bring medium size pan of salted water to a boil. Add noodles and cook them on medium heat for about 2 to 4 minutes (depending on thickness of noodles), or until barely tender. Drain and stir in 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil.
2. In a large wok or skillet, heat 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil over high heat. Place chicken into hot skillet, season lightly with salt and pepper and stir-fry for about 3 minutes. Remove from the skillet and set aside.
3. Add bell peppers, broccoli and mushrooms and saute 1 minute then add ginger to the skillet and stir-fry for another 2 minutes.
4. In a mixing bowl combine chicken stock, soy sauce, ketchup and cornstarch.
5. Add chicken, noodles, and broth mixture to the skillet and stir-fry for 3 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
6. Right before serving drizzle sesame oil and season to taste with salt and pepper as desired. Grab a fork and enjoy!