Every school year, Local 5 teams up with Bankers Trust to present deserving schools with The One Classroom at a Time Education Grant.
Teacher's can receive $1,000 for special projects and a life changing CULTUREALL Workshop. Information about CULTUREALL can be found at:
We are now accepting applications for the 2016-2017 school year. If you have applied for a grant for the 2015-2016 school year, we thank you for your time and encourage you to resubmit your proposal. Fill out an application and send it in to Local 5. You can print the application from this website and mail it in to Local 5:
Or pick up an application at any Bankers Trust Location.
Proposals will be evaluated and judged by an advisory board.
General Information: All awards will be based on the overall score of the judges' individual scores. Each proposal will be read by at least three judges. You may submit more than one award proposal. If your proposal is not chosen, you may re-submit your Grant proposal as many times as you wish.
Criteria for Award:
1. Who can submit: Educators in Central Iowa.
2. What the grant must accomplish: It must directly affect the students' educational learning experience.
3. Reasons for award: Academic Enrichment.
4. Pre school -12 grade classes.
Proposal must include:
1. Project Description. Send us no more than three typed pages
a. Describe the proposed program or project.
b. Identify the needs/problems to be addressed, target population and number of people to be served by the project.
c. Describe, in detail, the project goals and objectives, and your plan to meet them.
d. Evaluation: How will you show that your project has reached its goal.
e. Provide a timetable for implementation. Implementation must be within 90 days of receiving the grant.
2. Detailed Project Budget - Your budget must be close to $1,000. If your project requires more than $1,000, please explain how you will get any funds above the grant award. Please give us details of your budget. How will you spend every dollar that you receive if you get the award?
a. Attachments - Any ancillary material necessary to your grant proposal.
We consider applications on a rolling deadline. Applications must be submitted by the first Monday of the month to be considered for that month. Applications do not need to be re-submitted each month.
Questions? Contact: Jessica Flinn, Local 5, firstname.lastname@example.org