DES MOINES, Iowa — Even though the IRS recently announced that the "Get My Payment" tool has been reactivated for Americans to track their second coronavirus stimulus payment, many Iowans have said it is leading to more questions than answers.
“Here it’s almost two weeks and I haven’t seen nothing," Robert Williams said. "What do us little guys do?”
Williams said he has not received the first stimulus check, but has the second economic relief payment.
According to the IRS website, eligible individuals who did not receive an economic impact payment—either the first or second payment—will be able to claim it when they file their 2020 taxes.
If your status shows on the "Get My Payment" tool shows it is unavailable, the IRS says you will not receive a second payment by mail or direct deposit.
The solution? You need to claim the Recovery Rebate Credit on your 2020 tax return on your Form 1040.
- TurboTax begins depositing customers' stimulus checks after mixup
- $2,000 stimulus checks: What 50-50 Senate means for hopes of more payments
- Second stimulus check problems 2021: Payments delayed, going to wrong bank account, lower than expected
- $600 stimulus: What to do if payment isn't received or is less than expected
- More coronavirus relief on the way for small businesses