1. There’s an update in the Sabrina Ray alleged abuse case. The entire family, charged with the dead of the teenager, is now pleading not guilty. All five of them are accused of playing a part in the abuse of a girl they adopted, but all five say they didn’t do it. Josie Bousman, adopted cousin of Sabrina Ray, is the latest to enter a not guilty plea.
2. Local 5 is on your side this morning checking out yet another scam. This scam is in Jasper County where at least three families in Prairie City say a group of men offered to do asphalt work on their driveways. The cost was a few thousand dollars. The group promised to return to seal it up but never did.
3. A ruling by the state supreme court decided that guns are not allowed in any court run building. This law trumps previous legislature that allowed firearms in courthouses.
4. Trump is making a return to Iowa for the first time since the election. He will be hosting a campaign style rally in Cedar Rapids today. Local 5 will be bringing you live coverage on our newscasts later today and the full re-cap tomorrow on Good Morning Iowa.
5. Mayor Ron Corbett has announced his candidacy for governor. He will fight for the spot as the republican nominee against Kim Reynolds. He made the announcement yesterday.