LOUISVILLE, Ky. — Post positions were drawn Tuesday for the 20 three-year-old fillies running in the 147th Kentucky Derby at Churchill Downs Racetrack.
Essential Quality — trained by Louisville native Brad Cox — is the favorite, drawing the No. 14 position. Todd Pletcher-trained Known Agenda drew the rail, while Rock Your World had a favorable draw for the No. 15 position.
Post time for the Kentucky Derby is Saturday, May 1 at 6:50 p.m. NBC will broadcast the race live.
Here are the post positions (featuring horse's name, trainer, jockey and odds):
1. Known Agenda: Todd Pletcher, Irad Ortiz, 16-1
2. Like the King: Wesley Ward, Drayden Van Dyke, 57-1
3. Brooklyn Strong: Danny Velazquez, Umberto Rispoli, 55-1
4. Keepmeinmind: Robertino Diodoro, David Cohen, 53-1
5. Sainthood: Todd Pletcher, Corey Lanerie, 43-1
6. O Besos: Greg Foley, Marcelino Pedroza, 45-1
7. Mandaloun: Brad Cox, Florent Geroux, 40-1
8. Medina Spirit: Bob Baffert, John Velazquez, 15-1
9. Hot Rod Charlie: Doug O'Neill, Flavien Prat, 7-1
10. Midnight Bourbon: Steve Asmussen, Mike Smith, 15-1
11. Dynamic One: Todd Pletcher, Jose Ortiz, 45-1
12. Helium: Mark Casse, Julien Leparoux, 51-1
13. Hidden Stash: Vickie Oliver, Rafael Bejarano, 39-1
14. Essential Quality: Brad Cox, Luis Saez, 6-5
15. Rock Your World: John Sadler, Joel Rosario, 9-2
17. Highly Motivated: Chad Brown, Javier Castellano, 16-1
18. Super Stock: Steve Asmussen, Ricardo Santana, 46-1
19. Soup and Sandwich: Mark Casse, Tyler Gaffalione, 30-1
20. Bourbonic: Todd Pletcher, Kendrick Carmouche, 33-1
Post positions for the Kentucky Oaks were drawn Monday. Malathaat, trained by Todd Pletcher, won the 147th Kentucky Oaks.