DES MOINES, Iowa — Whether you're rooting for a team from Iowa or a far-away favorite, watching March Madness with other people beats watching it alone at home.
That's why bars and restaurants across the Des Moines metro are hosting watch parties for fans.
Make your bracket, hop in the car and visit one of the following locations to cheer on your favorite team.
Don't see an event on the list? Let us know by sending us a message on Facebook, visiting our "Contact Us" page or texting us at 515-457-1026.
Enjoy all the NCAA tournament action under a heated tent with fellow fans. This free event will feature local food trucks, the Iowa Craft Beer tent, two basketball courts and plenty of music. Bring your friends and family for a fun-fueled celebration.
- When: March 16-18, 10 a.m.-10 p.m.
- Where: Cowles Commons, 221 Walnut St., Des Moines
Bring on the madness at The Hall in West Des Moines. All games will be shown at once on the big screen, with sound on for local team's games. Game day specials include $2 off beers and wings, plus all day happy hour specials.
- When: March 14-April 3
- Times may vary
- Where: The Hall, 111 South 11th St., Suite 200, West Des Moines
If the First Four games and a $5 Tito's happy hour special isn't enough to get you interested in a watch party at the Beerhouse, there's other entertainment to check out. Test your knowledge during the bar's trivia at 7 p.m.
- When: March 15
- Games start at 5:40 p.m. and 8:10 p.m.
- Where: The Beerhouse, 4810 86th St., Urbandale
Is all of this basketball making you thirsty? Smash Park is offering $1 well drinks all day long on Thursday while you watch the game on a massive TV wall. The deals don't stop there: keep coming back for the full '12 days of Madness'.
- When: March 14-April 3
- Monday-Thursday: 8 a.m.-11 p.m.
- Friday-Sunday: 8 a.m.-12 a.m.
- Where: Smash Park, 6625 Coachlight Dr., West Des Moines
Join Mad Meatball and Gray's Station for watch parties all day this Thursday and Saturday. The restaurant will provide Happy Hour specials, games and giveaways all day long with no cover charges. As an extra sweet treat, Girl Scouts will be on site selling cookies.
- When: March 16 (11 a.m.-11 p.m.) and March 18 (11 a.m.-11 p.m.)
- Where: Mad Meatball, 210 Southwest 11th St., Des Moines
If you're cheering specifically for Des Moines' Hometown Team, The Ducktail Lounge has you covered. Join fellow Bulldog fans on Friday for drinks and $5 all-you-can-eat walking tacos.
- When: March 16, 6 p.m.-9 p.m.
- Where: The Ducktail Lounge, 1809 NW 86th St., Clive