This is the only recipe you need for creamy spuds! Making homemade mashed potatoes is so easy, it would make no sense for you to reach for instant ones.
Time: 30 Minutes
- 3 lbs potatoes (unpeeled)
- Kosher Salt
- 1 Stick Butter
- 2 Tablespoons Butter for garnish
- 1/2 Cup Milk
- 1/2 Cup Sour Cream
- Black Pepper
- In a large pot, cover potatoes with water and add a generous pinch of salt. Bring to a boil and cook until totally soft; 16 – 18 minutes. Drain and return potatoes to pot.
- Use a potato masher to mash potatoes until smooth.
- In a small saucepan, melt butter and milk until warm.
- Pour over warm milk-butter mixture and stir until completely combined and creamy. Add sour cream and stir until combined.
- Season mashed potatoes generously with salt and pepper.
- Transfer potatoes to a serving bowl and top with remaining two tablespoons butter. Season with more pepper before serving.