Senators Kirsten Gillibrand (D – N.Y.), Amy Klobuchar (D – Minn.) and Elizabeth Warren (D – Mass.) all released proposals Wednesday aimed at increasing rural broadband access and incentivizing environmentally-friendly farming.
A quick breakdown of the candidates’ rural America plans:
- Increased federal grant availability for rural communities
- Investing in rural hospitals and health clinics
- Insurance protections for farmers that develop and test out conservation-oriented production systems
- Expand federal programs to help small farmers in rural areas
- Increased federal funding for rural health care and child care
- Investing in “homegrown” and clean energy
- Break up big agribusiness
- Cut down on overproduction with a new supply management program
- Incentivize farmers that fight climate change
To read Kirsten Gillibrand’s plan, click here.
To read Amy Klobuchar’s plan, click here.
To read Elizabeth Warren’s plan, click here.