The Waukee Community School District is making changes to the way its employees can spend money, according to new district policies.
The changes are happening while the district is still trying to recover from an audit report detailing over $130,000 in misspent money.
Eric Rose, the district's former COO, resigned from his position and has been charged with multiple felonies in Dallas County.
According to the report, "the improper disbursements identified resulted from altered timecards and timecard errors. The $128,676.56 of costs identified which were not in the taxpayers’ best interest include $83,234.08 spent on retreats for the District’s administrators, $17,539.47 of purchases made with procurement cards, and $27,903.01 for lounge chairs and furniture purchased for the Superintendent’s office."
The district provided the following policy updates to Local 5, and stated a memo was sent ouit to staff last week.
Superintendent Cindi McDonald announced that she will retire, which will be addressed at Monday night's school board meeting.
• Staff with district-issued phones can either purchase them as their own and pay the bill or turn them in and use their own phone and receive a stipend.
• Purchase Orders are required now before any purchases are made
• Itemized receipts now required for all expense reports. If an employee does not have a receipt, he or she pays the bill.
• Must get approval for any technology purchases ahead of time
• Only the School Board President can sign contracts
• Employees can receive $40/ day in-state; $60/day out-of-state
Another late week storm will bring snow, wind and cold temperatures…
JOHSNTON - Lindsey Andrews owns Heartland Soles with her family.…
Leaders at Prairie Meadows Casino aren't wasting any time by asking…